Home Remedies vs. Prescription Medications
Natural home remedies have been used for hundreds of thousands of years by many different countries and cultures alike. The development of science and technology has since come around and we are now able to not only know what active ingredients are in natural home remedies but they can also learn what minor to little side effects might be associated with the home remedy. Natural home remedies whether they are herbal or supplemental have been found to be very beneficial to keeping your body healthy and have also been shown work quickly and effectively.
Prescription medication has also been around for quite some time now and also aid in eliminating symptoms both quickly and effectively. However, many of the prescription drugs used today for your most common illnesses or health conditions are packed full of some pretty nasty side effects, which accompanies more prescription medication to cover those side effects. Prescription medications do however hold a property to alleviate particular symptoms associated with an illness or health condition and work rather quickly.
Both natural home remedies and prescription medications can produce excellent results. They can also both be very dangerous if they are not followed by their specific guidelines. These guidelines can involve both lifestyle changes such as diet, exercise, etc. Keep in mind that making sure that you follow the exact guidelines when taking prescription medications or natural home remedies is very critical in the treatment of your illness or health condition.
There are however pro’s and con’s to both natural home remedies and prescription medications. Examine both aspects and find out what method works best for you.
Natural Home Remedies
- Very convenient, no more refills or renewal prescriptions needed.
- Very cost effective
- Safer to use with little to no side effects
- Heals the body more naturally and produces healthy attributes
- Effectiveness – Some find natural home remedies more effective than your leading prescription medications.
- Has more of a potential to overdose or have a drug interference
- Can also negatively impact underlying other health conditions
- The perception that natural home remedies don’t work as well as prescription medications
- Has potential to take longer to see results
- Can have an inconsistency in the dosing or strength
- Can easily be acquired from a licensed physician
- Can potentially be the answer to life threatening illnesses or conditions such as heart attack or high blood pressure
- Can cure short term effects such as illnesses very quickly
- Can easily be monitored and adjusted properly by a licensed physician
- Can alleviate certain symptoms of illnesses as well as symptoms of health conditions fairly quickly creating dynamic results.
- Addiction is a big con when it comes to prescription medication.
- Major side effects that can sometimes even be fatal
- Your body can become immune to certain prescription antibiotics and alleviates the effectiveness
- Can also cause other infections to flare up and can cause more symptoms or a new illness to occur
Do stay tune to www.healthandwellness.sg for more!